Monday, March 19, 2012

Latest Obsession: Silk Orchid Rugs at ELTE

P1040844

Originally introduced at IDS earlier this year, I am still swooning over the silk orchid collection that ELTE has brought in.

image

The newest incarnation of the idea behind the super popular second-life rugs, I brought one of them on CityLine in January and it got a fab response from the audience and why not? what’s not to love! The colours, the ultra-soft hand, the global-chic patterns… Plus it’s as chic as upcyling gets. Each rug is made with recycled vintage sari silk dresses from India that have been unravelled thread by thread and hand knotted into the one-of-a-kind rugs.

P1040845

What I wouldn’t give for this particular beauty to provide the foundation for my master bedroom. The ochre yellow with the hits of royal blue and green are not something I would normally gravitate to but I still can’t help dreaming about the concept I would build around it. Unfortunately the collection isn’t exactly priced within our budget ($11,750 for just under a 9’x12’…they are 100% silk after all) – so someone please go out and buy it so I can live vicariously through you. Thanks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gah...ME TOO!!! What I wouldn't give to be able to afford one of those beauties...so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The colours are pretty spectacular Jessica! I've been loving the saturated yellows and deep blues.

Angie said...

Just found your blog today and I love it! Now following~hope you will return the visit!
Angie