Monday, September 5, 2011

I’m Going Country

Well not really… I’m way too much of a city gal to ever leave my urban roots behind, but I am, however, in the process of decorating our first family cottage!  It’s too early to share pictures, considering we don’t even have possession yet, but because of the fab summer sales, we have dove right into sourcing and already snapped up some fabulous finds.

P1150389

I’m very lucky that my parent’s are trusting my aesthetic vision of a relaxed coastal vibe, which is completely fuelled by the road trip through Nantucket, Provincetown and Newport that Dave and I took last summer… so while there are no visuals yet, think rubbed woods, blackened bronze, gorgeous blue and white textiles and a whole lot of white paint, and you will have my version of a New England getaway an hour outside Toronto!

Some of the pretty things we’ve snapped up so far:

image

This charming black painted vintage bench from Chatelet with a tufted linen seat cushion…

image

The nautical-feeling Chelsea sconce by Visual Comfort in the handsome Tudor Brown finish from ELTE

image

Some hydrangea-blue and white jasperware boxes by Wedgewood from Around The Block…

Stay tuned for photos and updates as the project progresses!

7 comments:

Designwali said...

sounds like fun!! good luck!

Anonymous said...

Love the direction you're headed. Congrats on the new cottage. How exciting :) Looking forward to following your design adventures!

Barbara Matson said...

How exciting. Love what you have found so far!

Glendale Shutters said...

Cant wait to see your creation pretty soon. Good Luck!

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

Love the vintage bench from Chatelet. There is always plenty of pleasant surprises every time I go to that store. Btw, I notice you are from Toronto so I want to make you aware of a free mahogany pedestal table giveaway I am hosting on my blog. http://michellelalala.blogspot.com/2011/10/free-mahogany-pedestal-table-giveaway.html

Sincerely,

Your fellow Torontonian blogger

Glendale Shades said...

Looking forward to following your design adventures!

Glendale Window Treatments said...

Cant wait for more onto this, love the adventure.