Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Rug Company in Miami

P1180221

Everyone knows The Rug Company – how can you not considering the brand’s drool-inducing catalogue with its impeccably deigned roomsets… Even though I kind of know the catalogue by heart, I still find myself drifting into one of their showrooms whenever I get the chance and the Miami Design District location is no different.

P1180213

Not to be outdone by the piles of rugs you can peruse with their enigmatic colours and patterns, the cushions are drool- worthy too– I find Vivienne Westwood’s and Tara Bernerd’s to be especially divine!

P1180212

Of course the infamous LOVE wall hanging is also another reason to stop in and see the beautiful handmade works of art in person.

P1180214P1180216

All the showstoppers are there to see and feel in the flesh; witness Paul Smith’s infamous swirl and the gorgeous yet slightly askew Papillon by Tara Bernerd..

P1180217

One rug which was great to see in person was Peony by Helen Ann Murray- the texture is divine and you can’t truly appreciate the motif until you see it in its three-dimensional glory.

P1180218P1180220

Highlights of the McQueen collection are everywhere, including the awe-inducing gold and black rug with its chinoiserie feel and the signature needlepointed skull cushions.

Now if only I could find room in my apartment (and in my pocketbook) for this, this, and this..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, so, so, SO gorgeous :)