Sunday, January 30, 2011

Laure de Mazieres in Miami

P1180184

Laure de Mazieres is one of those furniture showrooms that you feel like you could move right into.

P1180183

With perfectly styled roomsets within the Miami showroom comprised of the gorgeous furniture from lines such as Ralph Lauren and Roberto Cavalli, it’s not hard to get inspired after visiting.

P1180176

From swanky urban to beachy traditional there is a great cross-section of styles to suit Miami’s equally varied clientele.

P1180180

Here are some of my favourite pieces:

P1180179

This upholstered klismos-esque side chair has such fabulous curves and a great colour-block look.

P1180160

This chair plays with exaggerated proportions and materiality – I love how the lacquered frame and brass nailheads interplay with the matte fabric.

P1180156

These hurricane candleholders are clean and classic looking- could be a perfect addition to our balcony…

P1180163

This four-poster bed with its nickel posts and silk tufting is DRAMA! It sure turns that old wood version you’ve seen on its head!

P1180169

This chandelier simultaneously reminds me of bubbles and pearls! I love the classic shape reinterpreted in a more playful material

P1180164

These cutie-pie black leather footstools with shiny chrome legs are adorable and would look right at home in front of a fireplace

P1180166

This Ralph Lauren bar cart is perfection – love the metal tubing and wood lower shelf. It would look amazing in a bachelor pad!

P1180172

These gold scorpions (not lobsters as I originally misidentified) are wonderfully odd and would look just right on top of a stack of coffee table books

P1180175

Every inch of the back, arms and seat of this creamy leather sofa is tufted-- tailoured opulence at its best!

P1180177

This short and stout lamp screams deco and I love the over-scaled shade and clever switching on the base

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh, I love tufting too, but sometimes I find that you need throw pillows to make it feel comfortable, leaving minimal space to sit. I often find myself sliding off a tufted couch due to minimal seating room because of all the throw pillows. It makes it ok when my cat, Marshak, sniffs my ears...

-Elaine

Anonymous said...

I think those are gold scorpions, not lobsters - you can tell by the tail. But they are still great! Especially if you are a scopio!