Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jalan Jalan

P1180153

Ever since hanging out in this stunning Miami condo, I was very eager to check out Jalan Jalan, a local boutique in the design district who provided a lot of the furnishings and design services for the space.

P1180133

Jalan Jalan is where Buddha meets the beach; relaxed yet streamlined furniture, plenty of shells and driftwod, exotic art and accessories; all these varying factors come together in this well-edited and beautifully styled showroom.

P1180123P1180140

While I am not personally so into the eastern vibe, I found tons of gorgeous furniture, lighting and accessories that I would easily call my own from lines I adore, such as Oly Studio and Lee Industries.

P1180126

I love how all the natural materials, such as petrified wood and shell are glamified, either by being installed on a shiny metal base or they are literally reinterpreted and cast in shimmering bronze, such as the base of this gorgeous table.

image 

The driftwood lamps by bleu nature are especially soothing yet sculptural with their laid back Malibu vibe.

Here are some of my favourite pieces I spotted:

P1180120

These oversized porcelain lamps are an amazing way to play with scale and would look fabulous on a console in a rand foyer.

P1180113

This bar cart is sharp and funky with its lucite bars and stitched leather top.

     P1180128

The petrified wood side table is amped up with its polished chrome x-base. I love how its prehistoric on top and modernon the bottom.P1180142

I obviously adore the zebra hide pillows and black tufted chesterfield, but I also am crushing on the black and white square Moroccan poufs! They just beg you for a lounge session!

P1180138

This classic pedestal table and its elegant turned base are elevated to a new level in marble.

P1180107

The silver and horn handle tray is a striking spot to park some martini glasses.

P1180143

The Lee Industries chair is so sharp in black leather and polished nailheads.

P1180146

I’m in love with these stella shelving units from Oly Studio- the wood shelves and antiqued metal frame are a fabulous contrast!

2 comments:

SGRMSE. said...

Jalan Jalan is a Malay word meaning "to walk about" lol! how intriguing! very lovely furniture indeed!

Seat Vacations said...

I love all the furnitures. Very pretty.