Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Red Carpet Review...

It was so lovely to see so much colour, volume and detailing on the red carpet this year. I watched the entire show from start to end to make up for missing it last year when I was in Africa, and the ladies didn't disappoint in all their couture finery.

Here are my top five dresses of the evening:

clip_image001

Sandy's Marchesa was totally retro glam and I loved her simple hair and siren-red lips!

clip_image002

Zoe Saldana totally pulled off the ombre lilac ruffled number by Givenchy. It may seem like a lot is going on, but her miles of legs and lean physique ensure all the detailing was spread out so it's not too overwhelming.

clip_image003

It's weird to type this because I loathe her so much but Miley's champagne Jenny Packham was both ethereal and current - a winning combination!

clip_image004

Liz Lemon's leopard beaded Michael Kors was super fierce and I love that one shoulder silhouette on her. It was slinky and edgy and I love her cocktail ring too!

clip_image005

I also hate her obvious awkwardness and resent that she is with my pretend boyfriend R Patz, but Kirsten Stewart's Monique Lhuillier was so elegant and classic

(images via In Style)

5 comments:

Nat in a Hat said...

What about Vera Farmiga's? I loved her red "fan-style" dress and thought she looked amazing!

Lilly said...

where are the disneyland pictures?!

Kay* said...

my fave was miley's - LOVED it.

Natalie said...

Zoe's dress was to DIE for! These were my favorites, too...who cares if they were also on the Worst Dressed List? What do they know, right! xo

Anonymous said...

I don't have any feelings about Miley herself, but man that dress is A-MA-Zing! Agreed about the leopard number, too!