Thursday, November 5, 2009

Toronto International Art Fair- Visit #2

I thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to the Toronto International Art Fair last year, so I was quite pleased when I happened into some tickets to check out this year’s exhibitors. The focus was heavy on Montreal and Toronto galleries, but there were a handful of galleries from more exotic locales, such as Japan and Mexico, providing the fair with its namesake international flavour.

P1100382

In addition to usual favourites, such as the work of Paul Beliveau, of  Gallerie de Bellefeuille, here are some of the pieces I enjoyed the most from the fair:

 image

James Robert Durant’s eye popping beach ball

P1100352

Eloise Brodeur’s moo cows

P1100373

Sangbin Im’s  photo of photos

image

Nicolas Ruel’s archways

P1100349

 Marcel Barbeau’s feathery scalesimage

Luke Painter’s gothic ink

image

He Zhang greys and violets

 

image image

Phil Shaw’s bookcases

 

P1100360

David Lafrance’s carnival magic

image

Gerald Ferguson’s pattern

P1100339

Magda Trzaski’s playful shadowbox

image

Darlene Cole’s lucious cotton candy leaves

clip_image002[5]

John Ross Palmer’s swishes of passionate purple

clip_image002

James Lahey’s perfectly blush Peonie

P1100370P1100367

Also worth a mention was Castor’s tent of bubblewrap. I didn’t really pay attention to any cards on the wall that may have explained the significance- rather I stomped away to my hearts content!

P1100369

2 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

ohh... how fun! i'm so bumed I missed it.

karey m. said...

ugh. i have five tabs open with links from this one post.

that may be a new record.

excellent show and tell. well done.