Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pier 1 in Bloom

When  I worked in the burbs I had more chances to scope out big-box decor chains, but now that I’m employed in the heart of the city, I don’t make it out to those locales too often. While making a requisite stop at Michael’s for an assignment I decided to pop my head in to Pier 1 next door, and was totally drawn to this feminine area rug at the back of the store:

P1100193

Resembling a contemporary design I’d likely find at a high-end boutique downtown, I have totally developed a crush on this red rose tufted wool rug. The 6 x 9 design only costs $749 CAD and although it’s not cheap - it is a good price for a floor covering with such vibrancy and dimension.

I also was tempted by these super cute frames in high gloss purple and clear resin:

P1100196 P1100198

Priced between $18-22 CAD, they are mod interpretations of classical forms and would look lovely as part of a vignette on a super traditional console.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think pier 1 = life!!!
LOVE it there. Glad you gave it some lovin' girl!