Friday, October 9, 2009

Matching Bon-Bon's

While at the Holts cafe last month waiting in line for my delicious chicken, arugula and gorgonzola flatbread, a striking display of packaged candies caught my eye. Nestled in a narrow display shelf was a group of black and white striped bon-bon's with a lustrous satin finish.

clip_image001

Closer inspection gleaned they were old fashioned treats produced by Hammond's and that the flavour was black and white licorice. Now I am a sucker for anything retro, but black and white stripes are one of the defining elements of my design tastes, so I pretty much died when I saw I could buy candies that complemented my future apartment so well.

clip_image002

I even have just the bowl for them- this stunner I just picked up at Chair Table Lamp. I love the slightly uneven shape and the luxe gilding of the rim.

image

The gold and black and white stripes combined with the shiny gold will be the perfect match for a certain special piece of furniture I have in the works....stay tuned for more details!

1 comment:

LTG said...

They are the chicest candy I have ever seen. Who knew? Candy as an accessory. Lovely!