Thursday, July 16, 2009

Char Char

I know it’s not breaking news, but charcuterie is becoming increasingly popular in today’s restaurant scene. Having been weaned on chicago 58 since birth, any form of versht, sausage and cured meats is a.okay in my book so it’s a trend I am embracing full steam ahead.

While on my maiden voyage to Mcewan’s, the new gourmet food shop in Don Mills from celebrity chef Mark McEwan, I decided to assemble my own little charcuterie platter from the amazing array of artisanal meats and cheeses stocked at one of the many prepared counters.

I ended up with the spicy chorizo and parisienne ham, golden niagra and manchego cheese, plus mcewan’s homemade olive tapenade to enjoy with our olive ciabbatta.

image

Spread out on one of my mother’s many wooden boards, it made for quite a lovely Saturday night meal. I would buy all of the items again in a heartbeat!

No comments: