Thursday, February 5, 2009

IDS and Blogland

The Interior Design Show has always featured the newest technology in home and design so this year it's great that they're adding to their tech-saavy with a Saturday talk about the world of design blogging.

On Saturday at 4 pm on the main stage, Mark Challen of House & Home Media will be moderating a discussion on design trends as seen through the eyes of Grace Bonney of design*sponge, Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan of apartmenttherapy and Harry Wakefield of mocoloco.

image

I'm super excited to hear Grace speak in person as I completely admire her business acumen and trailblazing ways -- not to mention she helped grow my readership when I had just started the blog by posting my bedroom before-and-after.

image

Apartment Therapy is practically its own industry. After buying the paperback and finding it surprisingly new-agey I was a touch thrown off, but  I still stop by the site regularly for their small house tours and am excited to hear Maxwell speak. (not to mention Iwas very honoured when someone chose my bedroom as a roomark)

Check out the official IDS page for more information on other talks

No comments: