Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Paper Mooning Over Deborah Bowness

image

Spring's O at Home featured the highly imaginative wallpaper of UK designer Deborah Bowness, and I'm kicking myself for investigating Bowness' artistry so late in the game. I was totally missing out as the hand-printed panels are works of art in themselves!

image

Available in a wide range of themes, Bowness' designs are visually striking and deceive the eye at first. What appear to be 3-D objects are simply flat narrow panels of wall paper. Rather than splurging on a variety of artwork and pricey architectural details, you can use different panels to create your own eclectic look that best suits your personality.

image

This wallpaper is not for everyone I certainly wouldn;t paper an entire room (that would be too alice in wonderland for me), but used along a feature wall, these wallpaper panels add just the right amount of style.

image

In addition to the lovely yet kooky designs offered online, Bowness has also completed fantastic commissions that are worth a lengthy viewing session on her website.

I love the book theme that has been used in various projects:

image

As a rock'n'roll chick, my favourite is the Polydor office:

image

For retailers and prices: http://www.deborahbowness.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.