Monday, May 5, 2008

People Are Weird...

I was flipping through the latest issue of Bazaar last night when I saw these Chanel hand weights:

image

Retailing for $760, they are attractive with white leather quilting and the requisite interlocking C's -- but despite how fashionable they may be, there's no getting around the fact that they are  760 freaking dollar dumbbells!  Who cares what your stupid free weights look like! We can also add the hot pink tennis racket and quilted leather bike to the ridonculous items pile.

image

I guess some people have nothing better to do with their money...

 

4 comments:

M said...

$760?! But they are so CUTE! Completely stupid, but freakin' cute.

amy korngiebel said...

even if i had the money, i would be embarrassed to be seen lifting these.

Alkemie said...

I must agree, Chanel weights seem really over the top. And I thought it was funny that LV was making chopstick sets in Japan.

Jessica Claire said...

The Japanese are the prime consumers of Luxury goods in the world, so I'm not surprised LV makes items catering to them specifically. It's insane but smart on their end