Friday, April 4, 2008

How Do You Like Them Apples?

Did you know that Hermes thinks that your apples deserve their very own individual carrier?

image

No longer content to sit in a bag with the rest of your tote-ables, everyone's favourite portable snack now needs its own stainless palladium shell covered in exquisite green lambskin with a matching horn-handle knife.

Considering Hermes is one of the last true luxury brands, maybe they think that having your own apple purse is another way to demonstrate how much money you have and the finer things in life that things you can spend it on.

The only thing is, I don't think an apple purse constitutes as "a finer thing" that makes life easier and more enjoyable. I mean fine, it's a cute idea you would maybe see in Sex and the City, but after the novelty wears off you're still left with an apple purse.

image

Can't you totally see this on Greyer from the Nanny Diaries???

ScarJo would button up his little school blazer in the morning before slinging this Hermes confection over his shoulder with a look of utter bewilderment on her face.

NO NANNY!

More likely and more useful are these adorable fruit-inspired coin purses. Although still insanely pricey, these at least have more usefulness while retaining some whimsy and fun.

image

2 comments:

Yoli said...

I am sorry, I had to laugh. I don't care who made it, is a rediculous purse. I can see a child with it (sans the knife) but a grown woman walking in the office with her apple purse? LMAO!

Unknown said...

That is the most beyond thing EVER. The person who thought of this must have been on crack. How much do they charge for it??? I think I'd rather just tape a string onto my apple if I ever craved wearing it around my shoulder. How fab would that be?